It's time to jump in the fun for a really cool virtual volunteer experience!
United Way USVI donors, volunteers, partners and friends are invited to go virtual with us to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the "Week of the Young Child" 2021 created by the National Association for the Education of Young Children.
This special week is taking place April 10th-12th and since United Way Teams can't go into school's with balloons, prizes and read stories to our youngest readers in Kindergarten through 3rd Grade, we've decided to Go Virtual with a signature storytelling series.
Here's the scoop for the "Ready. Set. Read! Virtual Volunteer Experience"
- Accept the challenge to be a volunteer reader
- Select a fun book (Kg-3rd grade level) to read
- Introduce yourself & film your video in landscape 5-10 minutes long
- Upload the video to the dropbox link that will be announced
- United Way USVI will publish the video in a special series to elementary schools in the Territory
- Young readers will watch and listen to the stories during the Week of the Young Child
- When ready, CLICK HERE to access all the videos for the Ready.Set.Read! Storytime.
For more information or for general inquires regarding this initiative please email email@example.com.